Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Calculez la conso électrique de votre PC
|
Hébergez vos photos
Affichage des résultats 1 à 8 sur 8
    I was told the following:

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. http://www.memtest.org

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

*Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

*Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

I downloaded: Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz)
    burnt to a CD, it didn't work.
    Then i downloaded Active ISO Burner and made a CD with just Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz) on it. I made sure that my computer was set to boot brom the cd/dvd first , but it won't allow me to run the memtest.
    PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

The reasone i need this is because my computer keeps crashing internet explorer, chrome, opera and firefox. I was told the following after someone looked at my DMP files.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

*Dont forget to upload any further DMP files (especially those when verifier is running)

*If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
    In other words STOP!!! If you dont know what this means you probably arent

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Sorry to ask the obvious questions, but when you said...

> downloaded Active ISO Burner and made a CD with just Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz) on it.

Did you unzip the gzip file before burning the ISO image to the cdrom?

In other words, if you have a CDROM with just one file on it... either memtest86+-4.20.iso or memtest86+-4.20.iso.gz then the burning the image to CDROM was not done correctly.

However if you have a CDROM with all the correct files, for example a BOOT folder and README.TXT then perhaps the CDROM is o.k.
    In that case, does the pc boot the CDROM or does it boot but not run memtest86+ on your pc?

If you have quite a new pc you might need to try the 5.00 Beta release.

I used the program Active ISO Burner to burn a cd with memtest86+-4.20.iso.gz only. It didn't give me the option to make it a bootable CD. I originaly burned the CD on my computer through windows 7 , and that didn't work so I downloaded Active ISO Burner to create the cd but it didn't make a difference.
    The computer tries to read the CD on boot-up , but it don't start memtest it goes to windows

Citation Envoyé par TJBDADOF3 Voir le message
    I used the program Active ISO Burner to burn a cd with memtest86+-4.20.iso.gz
    It sounds like you didn't unzip the memtest86+-4.20.iso.gz first?
    Unzip it first with WinZip or 7-Zip or similar.

Then use your ISO burner software to burn memtest86+-4.20.iso to the CD.

Edit: I just checked - the ISO name in the gzipped file is mt420.iso

The other option you might want to try is to make a bootable USB drive using the auto installer for windows.
    Best to start with a clean formatted drive and follow the instructions here:
    http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/39...t-on-USB-Drive
    Dernière modification par alexx ; 08/09/2012 à 23h48.

I have a similar issue. I burnt the image to a CD, got my BIOS set up to go first to the CD drive, and when I restart the computer it goes to the drive, starts the CD, and gives me two options: 1-Version 4.0 and 2-Version 3.5. It does not matter which version I choose, all it does afterwards is just say" Loading...... ready......" and that's it. Nothing else. What may be the issue? I also tried to do it with an USB drive, followed the steps indicated on the link above, but it won't work either. Anybody can help? I just added new memory to my computer (bought exactly the same that I had) and I've been having issues ever since. I need to check and find out if it is the memory in order to send it back. Any help will be truly appreciated. Thank you. MNC.

Citation Envoyé par mncorbo Voir le message
    I also tried to do it with an USB drive, followed the steps indicated on the link above, but it won't work either. Anybody can help?
    I think most people are using the USB pendrive option these days if their pc can boot from USB. if the USB doesn't work first time, just reformat and start again. It might help to start with a clean formatted USB, just in case the USB came loaded with some strange backup tools or something odd like that.

The USB should be FAT16 or FAT32 formatted. Some large USB drives might have use some other type of file system by default, or your pc might have trouble booting them, so if you have a choice between a large one and a small one, use the small one.

I'm using a 512MB Kingston and sometimes a 2GB Sony, but most likely the smallest USB drive you have is more than large enough.

Can you take a look at this thread and answer the same questions if possible.

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/71...-for-Pen-Drive

It is very difficult to help when all we know is that "it won't work"... at what point does it fail?

Can your pc boot other bootable USB images, such as gparted live or similar?

In fact, one method of getting memtest86+ is using a gparted live cdrom or gparted live USB pendrive.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/liveusb.php

However, I'm not sure which version of memtest86+ is used in gparted live.
    Perhaps it is an older version than you need.

Please also remember that if you have a UEFI motherboard, you can't UEFI boot memtest86+
    You need to use the BIOS/legacy mode, not any sort of EFI mode.

Hi, does anyone know if there are any plans for UEFI support? I would find this useful as my manufacturer BIOS does not support CSM.

Règles de messages