Rejoignez notre discord
|
Hébergez vos photos
Page 3 sur 28 PremièrePremière 123456789101113 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 61 à 90 sur 833
    Citation Envoyé par Emualynk Voir le message
    You could also try /r/gaming on reddit.
    Not quite yet....

For reddit operations, I require higher grade ammunition. I'm attempting that with our next trailer, which features the combat map, fleet flight, cloaking fields and rudimentary AI. Mass spamming reddit is a waste of ammunition. Reddit requires weapons of mass distraction.

A dirty tactic, yes, even for a humble mercenary, I do not take pride in such kind of weaponry. However, the revolution will not be TL;DR.

Soon.

Citation Envoyé par Emualynk Voir le message
    @Emualynk
    Ouais mais non, le monsieur a dit que reddit c'était pas la joie sur la première page.. Bah, ça peut toujours permettre de ramener des personnes qui traînent pas forcément sur autre chose et qui seraient intéressées quand même.
    Ça coûte rien d'essayer quoi.
    Envahir Reddit? Je ne veux pas souffrir d'un hiver froid russe
    Citation Envoyé par Crusader Voir le message
    My garden is small but my taillor is rich.
    Anglais sans Peine, 1960?[COLOR="Silver"]
    Dernière modification par mercenarygames ; 05/04/2012 à 04h03.

I took a closer look et the tech talk videos. If I understood correctly, the fleet tactics in themselves are static, is that it ? I guess you can move the entire fleet on the screen while playing (to adjust to the foes), but you can't define a single ship going top-down-top-down etc. while the rest of the ships stay on the same positions ? The way to do that seems to be creating this single ship movement by defining 2 fleet tactics and going from one to the other repeatedly ? I hope I'm clear enough...
    Citation Envoyé par Big Bear Voir le message
    Je suis totalement d'accord avec le canardpcnaute M. Cacao.

Citation Envoyé par Bah Voir le message
    I took a closer look et the tech talk videos. If I understood correctly, the fleet tactics in themselves are static, is that it ? I guess you can move the entire fleet on the screen while playing (to adjust to the foes), but you can't define a single ship going top-down-top-down etc. while the rest of the ships stay on the same positions ? The way to do that seems to be creating this single ship movement by defining 2 fleet tactics and going from one to the other repeatedly ? I hope I'm clear enough...
    I'm sort of getting you.

I'll try to use simpler english here, sorry, the video has too much "californianese" XD

ok.

The "fleet tactics" are just ordered positions. Military formations.

The formation editor shifts between different shapes of military formations.

Basically, instead of a mouse to control hordes of units, we give you an advanced robot to control your units.

I hope that makes sense
    Dernière modification par mercenarygames ; 05/04/2012 à 11h41.

Citation Envoyé par mercenarygames Voir le message
    I'm sort of getting you.

I'll try to use simpler english here, sorry, the video has too much "californianese" XD
    Talking about Baseketball, I'm pretty sure Vigrior won't be one of these pussy-ass RTS game people play in the suburbs. (but it won't be HORSE either...).

The "fleet tactics" are just ordered positions. Military formations.

The formation editor shifts between different shapes of military formations.

Basically, instead of a mouse to control hordes of units, we give you an advanced robot to control your units.

I hope that makes sense
    Yep, I think it's what I imagined. Do you intend to make players also have any control on the speed at which fleets change formations, so that it could be an element of strategy, or do you think a fixed speed is better in terms of game mechanics ?

Anyway, thanks for the time you take to explain your game.
    Citation Envoyé par Big Bear Voir le message
    Je suis totalement d'accord avec le canardpcnaute M. Cacao.

My first reaction was WTF? An English topic in the French gaming section???
    My second was: who are those guys on the forum that post at ungodly hours (like 4 in the morning, civilized time)?
    My third, this looks interesting.

After reading most of the posts, I do not have much to comment on except that you may also want to try the following forums in Europe:
    Hardware.fr That is one of the other "great" forums in French. Quite a few of the members here would also be there.
    Boards.ie a great forum based in the Republic of Ireland
    Gamereplay not entirely sure about this one as in where it's based but it seems quite interesting from the quick peekI had.

Hope this helps and good luck with the project.

Citation Envoyé par Bah Voir le message
    Talking about Baseketball, I'm pretty sure Vigrior won't be one of these pussy-ass RTS game people play in the suburbs. (but it won't be HORSE either...).

Yep, I think it's what I imagined. Do you intend to make players also have any control on the speed at which fleets change formations, so that it could be an element of strategy, or do you think a fixed speed is better in terms of game mechanics ?

Anyway, thanks for the time you take to explain your game.
    Definitely not for weak willed players. We're making it a clash of sci-fi horror, dread and zen.

You'll get to "upgrade speed" and "upgrade rotation", we're still testing it though.

We love talking about our concept, anytime dude.

---------- Post added at 02h04 ---------- Previous post was at 02h02 ----------

Citation Envoyé par tarbanrael Voir le message
    My first reaction was WTF? An English topic in the French gaming section???
    My second was: who are those guys on the forum that post at ungodly hours (like 4 in the morning, civilized time)?
    My third, this looks interesting.

After reading most of the posts, I do not have much to comment on except that you may also want to try the following forums in Europe:
    Hardware.fr That is one of the other "great" forums in French. Quite a few of the members here would also be there.
    Boards.ie a great forum based in the Republic of Ireland
    Gamereplay not entirely sure about this one as in where it's based but it seems quite interesting from the quick peekI had.

Hope this helps and good luck with the project.
    Thank you so much.

Hey, les gens! C'est Nuwati, musicien MerecenaryGames ', des effets sonores artiste, générateur de vapeur et gars vidéo. Je ne peux pas parler un mot de français alors ce poste va être vraiment sommaire.

Je voulais dire que c'est vraiment génial de voir ce genre de réaction au projet! J'apprécie vraiment l'ensemble de vos messages. J'ai été la recherche sur le fil un peu, et que j'aimerais vraiment entendre ce que vous les gars veulent voir plus de dans Vigrior en termes de musique. Faites-moi savoir, je suis ouvert aux suggestions.

English:
    Hey, people! It's Nuwati, MerecenaryGames' musician, sound effects artist, vapor generator and video guy. I can't speak a word of French so this post is going to be really sketchy.

I wanted say that It's really awesome to see this kind of reaction to the project! I really appreciate all of your posts. I've been looking over the thread a little, and I'd really love to hear what you guys want to see more of in Vigrior in terms of music. Let me know, I'm open to suggestions.

Google Trad is in progress

Coming soon : CanardPC, official forum of vigrior

@Nuwati : for me, the mix of ambiant and electronic music is fine. Or something in the "Frozen Synapse soundtrack" mood. I really love this one.
    a brief and rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a [...] future for all.
    Overshoot
    - Le film d'horreur ira jusqu'au paroxysme final - Last Week in Collapse

Hi Nuwati.

Some X3 (Reunion/Terran Conflict) tunes inspiration would be fine too. Not considering the quite basic tunes we have in X3 fights, etc, but much more of the soundtrack used for Split Sectors. I hope you know what I mean : this kind of tribal or maybe asiatic percussion instruments, on a soundtrack with only few other sounds, almost not structured, giving a nice ambience where both stress and calm coexist. Yeah, that's it : a leveled tune where some archaic beats come and go, bringing calm then awakening our senses.

(And sorry for this being not fully English, you might know that French people have a poor reputation, regarding foreign languages ).
    Dernière modification par fenrhir ; 05/04/2012 à 15h04.
    Citation Envoyé par ackboo
    La torpille de World of Warships est l'arme la plus jouissive depuis le railgun de Quake 3.

Also, a bit more insight on our trailer.

We had to showcase everyone's skills in the studio; engineering, art, sound+music, enemy concepts, video production, particle effects. We produced a video to have a maximum of 2 minutes worth of the concept.

I wanted to test my crew on their production capacity, and being able to deliver this in front of an audience, within a limited time.

Those two minutes represent 2 weeks of brutal bug hunting, prototyping and tweaking our graphics rendering module.

I wanted to see if 2 minutes worth of footage of my crews combined efforts produced something worth watching. If gamers can't even be interested in 2 mins worth of our work, it means we were doing something wrong, and the pitch would fail.

So far, our entire design document and 25% of our material is worth 105 backers on Kickstarter. A hundred folks, that's good numbers to me (I'm not even worried about the $ count now).

In this forum, we have about 17 I think? I forgot the count. ( Thank you so much )

We're slowly realizing that building the audience first is crucial to making the game. So we're gonna show our patrons how we build, from the ground up.

Playable Prototypes, Soon.
    Dernière modification par mercenarygames ; 05/04/2012 à 15h52.

Playable Prototypes, Soon.
    a brief and rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a [...] future for all.
    Overshoot

Citation Envoyé par Loddfafnir Voir le message
    OK..... I'll reveal my EVIL plans now. Like any decent mad scientist.

We wanna do a combat prototype, 1 planet, 1 map, 1 fleet.

Easy Mode : 100 Viral Invaders
    Normal Mode : 10000 Viral Invaders
    "Historic Archive" Mode : Infinite, survive as long as you can.

The fleet will have a maximum of 8 ships. Choose Wisely.

We will be taking from tradition and reintroducing "wave" combat. Similar to Galaga and Missile Command. The environment will be an open combat map in 2D. Scrolling world, in all axis directions.

The planned prototype must have all the functions of the entire unity fleet. All ship abilities and weapons.

Viral Invader AI is simple. The following video is a very early prototype I developed with 2 other students during university life, and will serve as a candidate for splicing and cloning.

Credits to Brian F and Matt F, both engineers, for contributing significant amounts of code in that prototype project. I made the "search" behavior in these rudimentary AI.

The mission on this combat map prototype? Defend the planet, from waves of virals.

We wanna release the combat map prototype on Desura. We make no promises here for a release time, since we are researching the schedule necessary for this kind of prototype.

Campaign missions and an open map. We're trying to decide if you can pick missions simply from a menu scroller, or have the mission menu as an open field of stars.
    I vote for a circular scrolling menu.
    Flotilla's menu is a field of stars but it's not really great.
    Defen-G Astro, however, have a nice constellation menu.

I must admit I don't really understand the battle demo except that there is some maneuvers.
    Dernière modification par Enigma ; 05/04/2012 à 22h14.

Citation Envoyé par Enigma Voir le message
    I vote for a circular scrolling menu.
    Flotilla's menu is a field of stars but it's not really great.
    Defen-G Astro, however, have a nice constellation menu.

I must admit I don't really understand the battle demo except that there is some maneuvers.
    Precisely.

That's why we wanna show it as a playable.

Dernière modification par Meuhoua ; 06/04/2012 à 00h45.
    DE CHELONIAN MOBILE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3Sdb2XoCjQ

A recording of the livestream (english), if you all missed it

Hope it entertains.

That was interesting, thank you.
    Overshoot

I'll watch it once I'm home.

I'm keeping an eye at your project, but I don't think I'll back it right now. Maybe later

Pourquoi tu te sens toujours obligé de poster un truc inutile Conan...
    "T'es jaloux ma bande a toutes les lunettes et on va te marave ta gueule."
    Aristophane

Parce que.

Mais je pense quand même que je me laisserais tenter.

Lovely project, lovely developper, good luck with that and thanks for the feedback you're giving us here !
    ☭ Hunt Showdown. Ready or Not. Dominions 6. Solium Infernum. Backpack Battles. Forza Motorsport. Simrail. Session ☭
    ✈ DCS (M2000C - F16C - Mirage F1 - A10C II) ✈ Flight Simulator ✈ Gary Grigsby - Steam - Pico-8 - Mastodon

Could you give us a link to the forums (fora ? I'm not sur ?) where you have settled ?
    Overshoot

Could you give us a link to the forums (fora ? I'm not sur ?) where you have settled ?
    We don't have forums just yet.

Forum management requires significant effort, and we don't have the manpower.

We're pretty stretch across the world, so, our operations will be guerrilla for now.

Sorry i didn't explained myself well.
    I was thinking about forums like this one
    Overshoot

Sorry i didn't explained myself well.
    I was thinking about forums like this one
    Oh... so far we have "safe houses" in the following locations.

ocremix.org
    forums.somethingawful.com (please please PLEASE do not visit this hive of scum, and villainy).... XD
    and here!

we're going to be branching out soon, once we actually need to support our own forums.

I doubt it though, we prefer the underground aesthetic much more efficient, honest and with a touch of personality.

Salut, les gars! Désolé d'avoir pris si longtemps pour revenir à vous tous. Je vais être plus rapide la prochaine fois!

Hi, guys! Sorry for taking so long to get back to you all. I'll be quicker next time!

Citation Envoyé par fenrhir Voir le message
    Hi Nuwati.

Some X3 (Reunion/Terran Conflict) tunes inspiration would be fine too. Not considering the quite basic tunes we have in X3 fights, etc, but much more of the soundtrack used for Split Sectors. I hope you know what I mean : this kind of tribal or maybe asiatic percussion instruments, on a soundtrack with only few other sounds, almost not structured, giving a nice ambience where both stress and calm coexist. Yeah, that's it : a leveled tune where some archaic beats come and go, bringing calm then awakening our senses.

(And sorry for this being not fully English, you might know that French people have a poor reputation, regarding foreign languages ).

Je suis allé et j'ai écouté quelques-unes des pistes de X3 et je suis heureux de dire que il y aura certainement la musique de ce genre dans le jeu! En fait, beaucoup des airs que j'entends de X3 sont vraiment m'inspirer! Qui sait ... Peut-être que je vais poster une partie de la musique ici quand les choses vraiment spéciale commence à rouler sur.

I went and listened to some of the tracks of X3 and I'm happy to say that there will definitely be music like this in the game! In fact, a lot of the tunes i'm hearing from X3 are really inspiring me! Who knows...Maybe i'll post some of the music here when the really special stuff starts rolling out.

Google Trad is in progress

Coming soon : CanardPC, official forum of vigrior

@Nuwati : for me, the mix of ambiant and electronic music is fine. Or something in the "Frozen Synapse soundtrack" mood. I really love this one.
    Synapse a Frozen bande assez impressionnant. Si vous aimez vraiment ce genre de musique, vous devriez écouter l'artiste "edit" ou "hybride". Ils font une vraiment grande, la musique de son salut-technologie!

Frozen Synapse has pretty awesome soundtrack. If you really like this type of music, you should listen to the artist "edIT" or "Hybrid". They make some really great, hi-tech sound music!

Et aussi ...

QUI VEUT UNE PISTE GRATUIT OFF THE GAME?

Also...

WHO WANTS A FREE TRACK OFF THE GAME?

Citation Envoyé par MrB Voir le message
    WHO WANTS A FREE TRACK OFF THE GAME?
    I'm interested.

By the way, Hybrid's music is nice, thank you.
    Dernière modification par Loddfafnir ; 10/04/2012 à 16h33.
    Overshoot

Hello!

We've decided to make one of our earliest prototypes available to the public.

The link can be downloaded here.

Requirements :
    Windows XP/Vista/7

Simply extract the compressed file to a folder, and play "tagGame.exe". Hope it works on your systems! It's an old build, but this prototype sparked the "Viral Invader A.I." idea.

Can't wait to be home to try this !

Mes Lego - Tof : Canon EOS 40D + Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 + Canon Seepdlite 430 EX II | VDS MadCatz Arcade Fight Stick TE

It doesn't work on my system

I've a window saying that the system ceased to function...
    Overshoot

Règles de messages