Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Rejoignez notre discord
|
Hébergez vos photos
Page 6 sur 28 PremièrePremière 123456789101112131416 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 151 à 180 sur 833
    Citation Envoyé par Antitan Voir le message
    I did not read the EULA so i was not sure, but it would seem likely this is not recommended. Just wanted to brainstorm to find a solution

EDIT:

After reading the thread about kickstarter on rock paper shotgun, i have to admit "Lambchops" comments are dead on.
    He is right in most aspects. I think you don't get as many pledges as you deserve because right now, the project is not crystal clear for people that don't have an interest already for this kind of game.

You had MANY updates.
    This is just too much informations. People who want to join are going to be scared if they see more than 20 updates already...reactivity is good, but to an extent.

I don't know if you can still use all his advices, if you have time for that, they are definitely golden.
    Pretty much what's gonna happen.

We're "relaunching" the project on May1, with a whole video explaining the project so far.

This link goes to the English script of our next video.

To hear it, simply put this text in translate.google.com

We'd like to offer a MULTIPASS to anyone who joins in translating it to french

This script is read by our NPC character ; "Fleet Intelligence". She's an AI, that is composed of multiple personalities. They all speak together as "one voice", like an angelic choir.

We are not sure how to translate "Fleet Intelligence", the name, into proper French.

Hi!
    I'm in!
    Mainly because of the article in CPC and the idea of RTS without 1000+ clics per seconds.
    Ok, it's also because of the mention of 'Ender's Game'
    It's been one of my favorites from way back. And I've always been looking for a video game based on the novel (although I thought more about the Battle Room, which was planned once I think...).
    Anyway, I'm in, with the multipass thing. And I hope I'll be able to kick PrinceGITS's ass soon enough
    Dernière modification par FixB ; 28/04/2012 à 00h47.

Citation Envoyé par FixB Voir le message
    Hi!
    I'm in!
    Mainly because of the article in CPC and the idea of RTS without 1000+ clics per seconds.
    Ok, it's also because of the mention of 'Ender's Game'
    It's been one of my favorites from way back. And I've always been looking for a video game based on the novel (although I thought more about the Battle Room, which was planned once I think...).
    Anyway, I'm in, with the multipass thing. And I hope I'll be able to kick PrinceGITS's ass soon enough
    Btw, this is a pure co-op game.

There won't be any PvP.

Well actually, that's a very huge debate in our studio. It's violent point of contention, introducing a gaming population to antagonism.

We'd like to go a different direction. Everyone should be a comrade.

However, I, will be your only enemy. Through A.I, and "boss fleets"

---------- Post added at 21h24 ---------- Previous post was at 21h16 ----------

Origine de la dernière transmission; Secteur Vigrior.

Commencement; ansible, transmetteur. Nous, sommes l'agent de la EspritDeRuche.

Notre précédente transmission contient des données de bataille récupérées.

Malheureusement, les communications de l'ansible depuis le front sont faibles et brouillées.

Nous, ne sommes plus seuls. Nous, sommes attaqués.

Analyse des systèmes de bataille ennemis; Légion Virale; Nombre, croissance, vitesse impossibles à déterminer.

Données du système de bataille, contradictoire.

Étalonnage de la nouvelle théorie; La victoire requiert des manoeuvres de guerre fonctionnelles. attrition des données de combats, impertinentes.

Initialisation, protocole de recrutement de l'ansible.

Nous, encouragons les Commandeurs potentiels à rejoindre nos rangs. Vous, serez commissionné par le Conseil de l'Union.

Vous, vous exercerez, et vous vous battrez, à l'intérieur du réseau de l'ansible. Vos ordres parcourront la galaxie.

Vous, allez utiliser le plus moderne des dispoditifs de communication par ansible; flit, kom.

Vous, allez guider la flotte.

Vous, allez créer des formations de combat uniques, et le réseau de l'ansible synchronisera vos manœuvres instantanément.

Vous, allez exécuter des missions profondément à l'intérieur de systèmes inconnus.

Vous, allez joindre vos forces avec d'autres camarades Commandeurs.

Vous, ne serez pas seul.

Nos colonies doivent être défendues.

L'Ennemi est légion, leurs rangs se complètent rapidement.

Nous, pouvons être submergés. Cependant, nous ne seront jamais surpassés

Reclassification des fonction de manœuvre de combat.

Appelation de l'IA; THOR. Croiseur de guerre interstellaire.

Capacités; Accélérateur de particules Mjolnir, incinération de toute chair virale. Batterie de missiles; bio-signal intégré, auto-guidage. La technologie SKIP permet de voyager instantanément entre les étoiles.

Appelation de l'IA; Heimdall. Cuirassé de guerre d'avant-guarde.

Capacités; production d'un champ défensif à graviton, Manoueuvres des faisceaux de tirs, système de guidage. Doubles cannons montés sur rails.

Appelation de l'IA; Loki. Vaisseau de reconnaissance avancé.

Capacités; Erreur, impossible de synchroniser. Le champ de camouflage brouille les trasmitions de l'ansible

Redémarrage du protocole de recrutement.

L'ennemi est légion, ses rangs n'ont aucunes formations.

L'ennemi étend sa volonté chaotique, ses rangs sont en perpétuel changement.

Le secteur vigrior, l'extrême limite de la vie humaine.

47 mondes ont perdus leur lien ansible. Nous, devons les retrouvers.

Notre ennemi rode dans le labyrinthe des étoiles.

Nous avons besoin de vous, commandant.

Nous sommes l'agent de la EspritDeRuche. La survie est notre but, la victoire notre rêve.

So, does that make sense?

Citation Envoyé par mercenarygames Voir le message
    So, does that make sense?
    Hardly.
    Some sentences seems correct (like "Nous avons besoin de vous, commandant." - almost last line), but almost all are wrong or weird. It can be understood, but it's far below the quality one's would expect from a game.
    About translation, I suggest you submit the original text file to someone - publicly, on a private wiki with selected translators, or by PM to volunteers (I assume you can't afford a professionnal translator).
    It's important to release the orignal lines, not the Google translate one.

About PvP: I guess you don't have do it for now, and have a game without it at launch - but it'll likely be a feature asked by the community.
    Is it possible to release it as a patch later? (when you are more financially safe / or dropping it because the game wasn't a success).
    Dernière modification par Sanakan ; 28/04/2012 à 07h21.

Citation Envoyé par mercenarygames Voir le message
    Btw, this is a pure co-op game.
    There won't be any PvP.
    Well actually, that's a very huge debate in our studio. It's violent point of contention, introducing a gaming population to antagonism.
    We'd like to go a different direction. Everyone should be a comrade.
    However, I, will be your only enemy. Through A.I, and "boss fleets"
    Even better! I'll be delighted to shout on him and make jokes about him being so pathetically bad and losing the war for both of us
    (see, i can get in the spirit of cooperation! Hopefully, he forgot about this thread...)

Citation Envoyé par Sanakan Voir le message
    It's important to release the orignal lines, not the Google translate one.
    Agreed! Google Translation is really not delivering something good enough. Better to stick to English only than to deliver in-game french text from this sort of translations imho.
    Dernière modification par FixB ; 28/04/2012 à 09h24.

Agreed! Google Translation is really not delivering something good enough. Better to stick to English only than to deliver in-game french text from this sort of translations imho.
    Some precision: even if a game in English is better than a poor translated game in French, I meant that it's waayy better to give the original lines (in English) to the people translating the text, instead not that.
    Assuming you want a French fanboy for the localization, finding one that understand English won't be hard at all, since everyone learn it in middle school/high school.

Just post them here, and we will try to work on them i guess. I will give it a try at least.

On discute (enfin on essaie ) de la traduction sur reddit mais y'a point grand monde... pour l'améliorer, les bonnes volontés sont les bienvenues

And I hope I'll be able to kick PrinceGITS's ass soon enough

Even better! I'll be delighted to shout on him and make jokes about him being so pathetically bad and losing the war for both of us
    (see, i can get in the spirit of cooperation! Hopefully, he forgot about this thread...)
    ²
    I didn't forget this thread, I was on vacation.

Concerning the translation, I think it"s better to relaese an english game and then localise it in other langage. It will be easier to translate if we know when the sentences are used in the game and what they mean.

Mes Lego - Tof : Canon EOS 40D + Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 + Canon Seepdlite 430 EX II | VDS MadCatz Arcade Fight Stick TE

Hey 12.000 $ reached !

Congrats !
    You are the chiken from the kitchen and you ain't kidding although nothing is written !
    anime list (en cours)

Holy sh** ! I looked 2 days ago and 4 000$ were missing !

Congratulations !

EDIT : According to kicktraq, there was 20 backers ont the 4th of April with 3 586$ ! An average 180$ backing !

EDIT 2 : Just tweet this :
    #FleetCOMM : operation #Vigrior , kickstarter project, is funded ! Congratz #MercenaryGames http://cpc.cx/4HF
    Hope the hash tag will help for the few last days.
    Dernière modification par PrinceGITS ; 03/05/2012 à 10h02.

Mes Lego - Tof : Canon EOS 40D + Tamron 17-50mm F/2.8 + Canon Seepdlite 430 EX II | VDS MadCatz Arcade Fight Stick TE

I just backed
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
    G-Man (Half-life 2)

Et ?

Sinon, je serais le gars qui a filé les 3000 $, je les reprendrais maintenant que le projet resterait financé même sans eux.
    Dernière modification par Maalak ; 04/05/2012 à 00h52.

GladOS

The translation is good though it is a bit hard to understand sometimes because of the robot voice

However there are a lot of pauses at the wrong moments
    For example at the end it says "nous avons *pause* besoin de vous", in english it would be like "we ne... *pause* ...ed you"
    Rust fanboy

WTF ! I've been on holidays for a week, away from any internet connection, and when I come back you're 5000$ higher than your goal ! Congratulations ! I'm happy I will actually be able to spend my money on your project. Could you explain what happened these last few days ?

Regarding the translation, now that Im back I can help you to.
    Citation Envoyé par Big Bear Voir le message
    Je suis totalement d'accord avec le canardpcnaute M. Cacao.

Pour ceux qui ont loupé le projet sur Kickstarter, Mercenary Games en relance un pour développer la version iOS sur IndieGoGo. Il y a bien sûr l’accès à la version PC.
    J'aurais préféré une version Android.

For those who missed the Kickstarter project, Mercenary Games started a new one for developping the iOS version on IndieGoGo. There is access to the PC version.
    I'd prefered an Android version.

Gratz for reaching the amount on Kickstarter!

Citation Envoyé par faton62 Voir le message
    On discute (enfin on essaie ) de la traduction sur reddit mais y'a point grand monde... pour l'améliorer, les bonnes volontés sont les bienvenues
    Reddit n'est pas du tout fait pour le travail collaboratif, à cause des topics / liens laissant la place à des nouveaux au fil du temps.
    Il faut un wiki ou un Google Doc.

Reddit isn't made at all for collaborative work, as the threads / comments descending over time
    You need a wiki or a Google Doc.
    Citation Envoyé par PrinceGITS Voir le message
    Pour ceux qui ont loupé le projet sur Kickstarter, Mercenary Games en relance un pour développer la version iOS sur IndieGoGo. Il y a bien sûr l’accès à la version PC.
    J'aurais préféré une version Android.

For those who missed the Kickstarter project, Mercenary Games started a new one for developping the iOS version on IndieGoGo. There is access to the PC version.
    I'd prefered an Android version.
    Same, but Iphone makes more sense from a business point of view:
    -More spending / consumer
    -lower number of hardware types, and less OS versions (many Android phones have outdated OS), thus betatesting made way easier, and less issues with screen resolution.

Des nouvelles de Fleetcomm toutes fraîches par un email destiné aux backers du projet sur KS.

Ils s'excusent du peu de mises à jour de cet été. Un de leurs programmeurs s'est barré, et ils peinent à combler le vide qui en résulte.

Ils vont toutefois présenter leur build actuel à la PAXDev : http://dev.paxsite.com/schedule/pane...die-developers
    Pour les backers, on peut s'attendre à obtenir la version de ce build peu de temps après, par le biais de Desura ou par un torrent.

Et maintenant, un choix que j'ai de la peine à comprendre :

I would also like to share a particularly huge decision we've made, regarding multiplayer mode; as a studio, we've decided to make multiplayer truly a mode for the hardcore. There will be no "save the game" in multiplayer mode. Players login, launch fleets, and play throughout the whole Vigrior campaign without saving or reloading. From start to finish. Single player, of course, will have a "save-reload-game" function.
    Ca me semble un peu zarb, comme décision, na ? Ca sent la rustine de dernière minute pour un truc qu'ils n'ont pas le temps de coder

Ouais, c'est un peu idiot dans le sens où s'ils voulaient vraiment faire un truc hardcore, ça aurait été nettement plus logique de mettre une option "Save on quit" et basta. Rien du tout, c'est assez naze.
    Geeks love opening boxes full of cool shit that will be burned in an incinerator when they die.

Ouais, étrange...
    Si la campagne fait plusieurs heures, le multi va être beaucoup moins intéressant. Je n'ai pas des heures d'affilées à consacrer aux jeux vidéo.

Steam Greenlight :
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...s/?id=92980205
    Je vais télécharger la démo, maintenant.

Ils relancent un KS pour un portage tablette si j'ai bien compris.
    http://kickstarter.mercenary-games.com/

Du coup je suis retourné voir le KS initial et on est sensé avoir une beta en août. Je lance jamais Desura donc j'ai pas pu voir si c'est le cas, mais selon les updates sur le site du KS elle a jamais été annoncée. Vous savez si elle existe au final cette bêta à laquelle on a accès en ayant participé au financement ?

Si, faut leur demander en donnant un pseudal Dsura :
    We also have an update through Desura. Please, please, if you still do not have a Desura account, register one (for free), and send us a private message with your username. We'll get to you as soon as possible.
    ID PSN : Blattorn

Citation Envoyé par Baloc Voir le message
    Si, faut leur demander en donnant un pseudal Dsura :
    Faut vraiment que je relance Desura en arrivant à la maison, sauf erreur je leur avais donné mon pseudo y'a fort longtemps. Merci !

Ah et pour ceux qui se demandent ce qui se passe, voilà un petit résumé:
    Le projet est bientôt fini, la sortie est prévu ce décembre, mais ils ont besoin de sous pour le portage sur les machine Apple (Imachin).
    La démo trouvable ici http://www.mediafire.com/?786qxn65i4merlb ne représente pas l'état du jeu dans le studio (c'est un petit avant goût du jeu qu'ils ont filé à ceux qui avaient payé en août).
    En contre partie, les vidéos du kickstarter sont sur des builds récentes.
    Si ce kickstarter est financé, ils finissent de porter sur les plateformes Apple, et ils enchaîneront sur Androïd et PS3.
    Sinon, le jeu restera sur PC (Win, Mac et Linux).

Edit : En bas de page, ils ont mis aussi des idées pour leur jeu qui peuvent être "foirées", la dernière est .
    Dernière modification par Baloc ; 29/10/2012 à 17h59.
    ID PSN : Blattorn

ils peuvent aussi très bien se contenter des bénéfices qu'ils se feront sur la version PC pour développer les autres versions. C'est pas comme si leur "pré-vente" via kickstarter soit obligatoire non plus ...

Bon, à votre avis il existe toujours ce truc ou on s'est fait baiser ? La dernière news que j'ai retrouvé c'est daté de fin décembre, ça dit en gros que ouais bon c'est la merde, y'a des problèmes de code, mais qu'on sera tenu au courant début janvier de ce qu'il se passe. KS failure ou on y croit encore ?

Règles de messages