Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Calculez la conso électrique de votre PC
|
Hébergez vos photos
Affichage des résultats 1 à 7 sur 7
    Hi all,

There seems to be a problem with Memtest86+ on the latest MacBook Pro : with 4 Gb, millions of errors are detected at accurately 2272 MB.

This issue has been reproduced on 3 different machines, with the exact same results (so I think it's not a RAM problem).

Screenshots for two of them :

Errors are detected again and again, I had around 1500000 errors after ~1 hour.

What's more, smaller problem, the keyboard is unusable with those machines (maybe all macs ?), so you can't press neither C nor ESC (you must reboot in a dirty way), nor any key.

(many thanks to paf62 & sansevan @ hardware.fr for pointing this out)

Seems clear that this memory area isn't writable (all bytes remain to 0xFF) but marked as writable in the e820 memory map. Thanks to a bugged Apple EFI BIOS. The same issue appeared in first EFI-based macbook some years ago. Apple finally corrected that, but after several months. I will fill a bug report but could you try to get the exact memory area concerned (8e024000 - 8e02500 ?) and check if the BIOS (Command/Option/F/0 ?) includes an option to disable USB ?

This problem also affects Macbook Pro (Mid 2010) models. Windows Memory Diagnostic reports similar false errors.

I have a dream : one day, Apple will respect standards

Im having the exact same problem in my MacBook Pro i5 (Mid 2010), the percentages of the test even match to the screenshots above. Is there any development on this story?

Citation Envoyé par Doc TB Voir le message
    I have a dream : one day, Apple will respect standards

What a nice dream :d.

Citation Envoyé par JeanJacque Voir le message
    Im having the exact same problem in my MacBook Pro i5 (Mid 2010), the percentages of the test even match to the screenshots above. Is there any development on this story?
    Make sure you have the latest EFI firmware as Doc TB pointed out above.

Règles de messages