Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Calculez la conso électrique de votre PC
|
Hébergez vos photos
Affichage des résultats 1 à 3 sur 3
    hello!

memtest+ 4.00 works well on my new thinkpad when i boot it via grub, but it does only spill "0104\n" on the screen when i boot it via pxe.
    pressing "pause" works (i can tell, by the end of flickering).
    other kernels work via pxe (e.g. ubuntu live dvd), but im not sure if the 0104 string is from the nic/pxe stack or memtest?
    the nic is an intel gigabit (boot agent v1.3.51), the cpu a mobile core i5.
    i tried 4.10 via pxe without success.

I think memtest gets started in the wrong way, the 0104 smells very much like BIOS read errors, which you would normally only see when starting memtest from a bad floppy.

Which memtest binary did you use? What process are you using to load the memtest binary, pxelinux perhaps? If so did you know that pxelinux (and friends) attach special meaning to the file extension? If you left the .bin extension on the file then pxelinux will treat the file as a boot sector, only load the first 2KB of it at the normal boot address (0x7C00 if I remember correctly) and the embedded memtest boot loader will then try to load memtest from disk. If your remove the .bin extension, simply naming the file only 'memtest', pxelinux will view the file as a kernel and load the whole file at the appropriate address.

Citation Envoyé par Wichetael Voir le message
    If so did you know that pxelinux (and friends) attach special meaning to the file extension?
    some time ago, yes, i knew that. ;)
    thanks for the reminder and sorry, that i bugged you. without the .bin it works

Règles de messages