Hébergez vos photos
Affichage des résultats 1 à 8 sur 8
    Hi

I've just realized that I have one 1 core enabled. cpu-z reprots:

Processor 1 (ID = 0)
    Number of cores 2 (1 core(s) disabled)
    Number of threads 1 (max 2)
    Name Intel Core 2 Duo E660

I have tried every setting in the bios, including (of course) enabling the second core there, but it doesn't help.

Task manager reports i have a an acpi-pc, not a multiprocessor pc.

The pc is only 2 months old, and I don't know if it's been like this all the time, or reset (by windows?) after a chrash the other day.

My bios is as of December last year, and flashing is only siupported through FDD, so can't try that for some time.

Running xp sp2 on raid 0

Any help would be appreciated!

Consider reinstall windows after having enabled the 2nd core on the BIOS
    Keyboard error or no keyboard present
    Press F1 to continue, or DEL to enter setup

You must change your type of computer, like this (it's a french version of Windows) :

If it doesn't work, read this to change your system HAL (it's more difficult) :
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=k...99340&x=15&y=9

Foudge; thats very interesting, but can you please explain how to do it, how do you get the choise of different types of computers? (I seem to only be able to change driver) or is it something I have to do during the install of XP?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

1) Open your "gestionnaire de périphériques" (device manager ?)
    2) Right clic on your computer type (acpi-pc ?)
    3) Select "Mettre à jour le pilote..." (update driver ?)

4) Select "Non, pas pour cette fois" (No, maybe later ?)

5) Select the experimented user mode

6) Select "Do not search. I will choose the driver"

7) Choose the good computer type ("ACPI Multiprocessor PC" ?)

8) Next, next, next... reboot.

Thanks Fougde, I have already tried to update the driver the way you explain. But there are only two choises for type of computer. Standard pc and acpi.....pc. Also tried the second
    method, hitting f5 (not f7) during windows install, and got up the list of all the different computers. Somehow, the process just stops after that, with the cursor blinking in the upper left corner of the screen....I'm pretty lost you may say!

Update: Have run a full XP-repair hoping that the install process would figure out that I have a dual core installed. Windows still can only find 1 cpu-core, and theres no choice of multiprocessor in the device manager. I've been advised to try a bios upgrade (it's only 3 months old though) and will probably try that...

Solved it!

For some reason the APIC (Advanced Programmable Iterrupt Controller) was disabled in BIOS. After enabling it, I did a full XP repair, and voialla, I'm up and running again.

Règles de messages