Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Rejoignez notre discord
|
Hébergez vos photos
Affichage des résultats 1 à 6 sur 6
    I'll try to summarize the events leading up to my problem as best I can.

I have two hard drives. I tried installing Windows Vista Business on the first one to use in a dual-boot configuration with Windows XP which was on the second hard drive. Well, the Vista installation worked fine, but when I went to boot into XP, I found Vista's boot loader hadn't recognized Windows XP. Clearly frustrated, I tried several different things until I finally decided to format the first hard drive. It was horrible I lost my entire data from the Hard drive. Vista made my data vanish. I hate it. I tried using repair tool and many recovery software, but it did not work. Please help me out.

Maybe it's just the partition table of the harddrive (with XP) which is gone. You can try to guess it with a linux cd or soft like partition magic.
    If your harddrive has been formated, the only soft I know is paragon easyrecovery. Install it on a computer, then for each disque, plug it, boot and the recover your datas, but be aware you'll need free space somewhere else than you second harddrive. It'll take time but it's ok since it's reading the drive from the very biginning to the end and guess what are the datas.
    Good luck

Vista has new NTFS version, maybe fanche is right.

I know Vista doesn’t install itself easily. Something must have happened, that’s for sure. What software you have used to recover your data? One of the data recovery software I know is Salvage Data recovery Software for windows. My friend used the software and got his data back. Few days back I tried to recover the data of my office system, which I lost accidentally while formatting and it worked well. Try with their software. I think their site name is salvage data.
    All the best.

From which HD boot was done during Vista installation ?
    If it was the WXP one, Vista was supposed to add itself to WXP.
    If it was the Vista one, only Vista would boot, and the boot loader of the second HD would not have been modify. This means if you unplug the Vista HD, you should boot on WXP.
    When you said you have formated a HD, which one it was ? Not WXP one ?

Règles de messages