Hey, guys.…

I'm brand new to this board, so bear with me. I am an aeronautical design engineer and I have recently taken interest in computer modding and overclocking. One of the first things I noticed was the conglomeration of different types, brands, and price ranges of cooling components. Off the shelf from local or online vendors, it seems that air-cooled and water cooled are about your only real options and prices ranged form $9.99 to $400. Either way, no matter how efficient, neither of these methods would ever get below, or even to ambient temperature without modification. Either cool the air or cool the water by incorporating a pressurized condensation unit or by endothermic reaction, passing the water through ammonium nitrate. I really couldn’t find an efficient way to incorporate either into an off-the-shelf system, and I felt that the added expense on op of an already over priced unit was asinine. What I wound up doing was buying a surplus Slurpee drink machine online for $40, tore it down, tweaked it, breathed new life into it as a CPU cooler for the man who doesn’t believe in ½ way. Within 30 seconds of power-up, my CPU temp was reading -18°F at idle and at 100% CPU load for one hour, it was running at -2°F with no fans. It was so silent, as a matter of fact, that it was very difficult to tell if it was actually running. The total cost so far, is less than $80. What I’m wanting to do at this point is expand my system to include cooling for RAM, Chipset, GPU, and HDD. Does anyone know what the optimum operating temp for these components is? Colder the better, or do they each have a sweet spot? I have heard of CPU’s that have a cold bug. Do any of these components tend develop cold bugs?