Crunchez vos adresses URL
|
Rejoignez notre discord
|
Hébergez vos photos
Page 2 sur 28 PremièrePremière 1234567891012 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 31 à 60 sur 833
    I love how he answers even French messages. Google translate made good progress. Also Zynga sucks regarding employe policy (just check wikipedia guys ).

Citation Envoyé par Charmide Voir le message
    I take it you are very early in the development process but where do you plan to go from there? Do you plan to make a series of missions with a narrative element? Will it be mainly random encounters and be focused on the gameplay itself?
    Campaign missions and an open map. We're trying to decide if you can pick missions simply from a menu scroller, or have the mission menu as an open field of stars.

There will be a small narrative element for game, though we aren't sure how far it will go. We don't have a budget for voice actors, however, we do have fairly prolific text/story folks willing to write out mission scenarios.

We're going to mix in random encounters on "non story / non mission" parts of the map. Skirmishing areas and free form combat.

More essential: a lot of planification seems to be required, how much do you have to do in "real time"?
    None at all.

The Fleet Editor tool we demonstrate can be used "offline", or outside the game. The player simply records data for fleet maneuvers, and saves to a file. For the actual game loop, a player "loads a fleet", and executes maneuvers.

Your graphics reminds me of Frozen Synapse, at least it's a good sign. As a "easy to learn, hard to master" and unseen strategy game, it was quite good.
    *blush* :3

---------- Post added at 08h37 ---------- Previous post was at 08h35 ----------

Citation Envoyé par touriste Voir le message
    I love how he answers even French messages. Google translate made good progress. Also Zynga sucks regarding employe policy (just check wikipedia guys ).
    Google Translate is my sidekick.

She is also one of our voice actresses featured in the trailer video

Citation Envoyé par mercenarygames Voir le message
    Gladly. Please understand that our engine is still in a prototype stage. What we have discovered, is a small interface that's simple enough to learn and produces unique battle formations. At the moment, we are showing the results of out experimentation and research, from an interface and controls perspective.

Maneuver Warfare games aren't a new concept. Our studio is merely attempting to revive the discussion on the state of strategy games. Our engineering philosophy is about making strategy games easier to control, while producing more efficient combat maneuvers.

We demonstrate that in one of our prototypes. You can design patterns for combat maneuvers. The tool records your pattern, then replays it later. At the moment, our tool supports a fleet, of any size and any unit, and interpolates between 3 combat patterns. With the current point-click-interface dogma in RTS, changing between patterns creates maneuvers that require an INSANE amount of APM.

But, we roll it out in 1 click.

Hope that makes it easier to understand. We are still building this game from the ground up, we wanna escalate our efforts if the strategy community is interested enough.
    Thank you for your answer. You got me hooked. I'm pretty sure the concept you're trying to develop is worth the few bucks I can afford sending your way.
    Citation Envoyé par Big Bear Voir le message
    Je suis totalement d'accord avec le canardpcnaute M. Cacao.

Nice choices.
    I'll bring my modest backing to the project, good luck raising awareness for it !

She is also one of our voice actresses featured in the trailer video
    I'm sending Google's lawyers to you, now

Nice choices.
    I'll bring my modest backing to the project, good luck raising awareness for it !

I'm sending Google's lawyers to you, now
    Sure thing, I haven't eaten breakfast yet, and I'm out of Bacon. Lawyers won't be too bad of a substitute.

Citation Envoyé par Bah Voir le message
    Thank you for your answer. You got me hooked. I'm pretty sure the concept you're trying to develop is worth the few bucks I can afford sending your way.

Thank you all for your interest.

I read your OP and your Kickstarter page, and i will gladly back this project. But don't use too much dubstep in your trailers please
    I hope you will complete the objective, and maybe have more than expected if it can help you to make a good game.
    Dernière modification par Tiri ; 04/04/2012 à 01h28.

Oh, the dubstep is just an appetizer.

We got other musical flows coming from our DJ.

Thanks for your support If you have the time, please spread our cause to anyone who thinks we are interesting.

Definately keeping this project in mind, looks promissing and I don't know why but i'm always eager and more willing to support indies than AAA productions nowadays. (Tarn & Zac Adams <3 )

Unless it is a Top Secret matter, share with us how it's going in the coming weeks/months.
    Dernière modification par Nattefrost ; 04/04/2012 à 02h42.

Citation Envoyé par Nattefrost Voir le message
    Definately keeping this project in mind, looks promissing and I don't know why but i'm always eager and more willing to support indies than AAA productions nowadays. (Tarn & Zac Adams <3 )

Unless it is a Top Secret matter, share with us how it's going in the coming weeks/months.
    Well let's see what I wanna share this week.

1. "enemy intelligence", sketches and pictures of the Virals.
    2. Planet Editor, a simple tool that allows my team to create animated planet atmosphere.
    3. the combat map, which shows a fleet flying around the map and performing some abilities.

For the following month, we wanna show how our engine gets to "alpha complete", meaning we have all the tools and assets needed to keep creating new missions while minimizing our need to splice new code into the engine.

We will be featuring 2, maybe 3 more trailers of the game, thats going to be all month.

We're also going to be updating with the "human" factor of the game, developer commentary and such, as well as our own views on the project so far. We kinda wanted to avoid this, since we don't feel like having to sell our "personality" like other kickstarter projects.

It seems that we are wrong on not putting our personality in it, and the Kickstarter community wants us to come out.

So, I'll be recording that now >_>

Hey all, Mercenary's art director here (I only use that term because I get to tell the other artist what to do).

I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone has about the game's art and design inspirations, if anyone's interested

After tracing some hits on Kickstarters page, I managed to find ONE lone post, mentioning our project. It was one gamer who was interested and somewhat confused by our presentation. That spark of interest is enough for me. I woke up my sidekick; Google Translate, and proceeded to plant a forum post.
    Glad to see that my little post led you to us.

Your project seems interesting: the mechanics are promising and the uncluttered design is classy. I'm impatient to see how that work and move on a footage.

I hope you will find some backers here and project will be founded by this kickstart (almost 20% in few days, keep it up !).
    DE CHELONIAN MOBILE

These days, strategy games just keep throwing more and more and more buttons at the screen. If not more buttons, more units. If not more units, more "resources".
    It's getting ridiculous and cumbersome.
    This. This has been my feeling for some years now and one of the reason I don't really play any RTS anymore.
    That and games like Starcraft that requires you to remember every keyboard shortcut to have any chance of surviving in MP.

And please, make more videos with your engine programmer commentating.

By the way, do you plan on releasing the game DRM-free? There might be people interested in that type of games in communities like the good old games one that are often put off by platforms like steam and the like.
    Also, gog.com are now distributing (new) indie games, you might want to contact them if you are looking for alternative places where you could sell the game.
    Dernière modification par Emualynk ; 04/04/2012 à 08h17.

Citation Envoyé par Emualynk Voir le message
    This. This has been my feeling for some years now and one of the reason I don't really play any RTS anymore.
    That and games like Starcraft that requires you to remember every keyboard shortcut to have any chance of surviving in MP.

And please, make more videos with your engine programmer commentating.

By the way, do you plan on releasing the game DRM-free? There might be people interested in that type of games in communities like the good old games one that are often put off by platforms like steam and the like.
    Also, gog.com are now distributing (new) indie games, you might want to contact them if you are looking for alternative places where you could sell the game.
    heh, if I'm not too busy in the game engine, I'll be sure to roll some more *sober* videos

We're going to roll in every publisher that wants to publish us.

Except for Zynga. They suck.

Si des gens sont intéressés par un MULTIPASS à acheter à deux, MP

Edit : C'est bon
    Dernière modification par Loddfafnir ; 04/04/2012 à 12h44.
    a brief and rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a [...] future for all.
    Overshoot
    - Le film d'horreur ira jusqu'au paroxysme final - Last Week in Collapse

@mercenarygames
    Like explained on the kickstater page, the game don't use that much memory, but what about cpu usage ? Does it run smoothly on a shitty computer or do you need more time to optimize everything ?

'k.

Best intro I've seen for long => Check.
    Cool project, almost meeting SMART criteria => Check.
    About a smart (not the acronym, this time) concept => Check.

I'm amongst players who were frightened by hardcore RTS designed for cephalopods.

Even if I don't know if I'll have time to spend playing VIGRIOR, I know that it is the kind of games I've been waiting for long.
    Citation Envoyé par ackboo
    La torpille de World of Warships est l'arme la plus jouissive depuis le railgun de Quake 3.

Citation Envoyé par Touze Voir le message
    @mercenarygames
    Like explained on the kickstater page, the game don't use that much memory, but what about cpu usage ? Does it run smoothly on a shitty computer or do you need more time to optimize everything ?
    It runs smoothly on a single core CPU, with a 7600 nvidia graphics card, running WindowsXP. We run it fairly stable now..... screenshot included

We do need the time to optimize, which is part of our schedule for August.

---------- Post added at 08h41 ---------- Previous post was at 08h39 ----------

Citation Envoyé par fenrhir Voir le message
    'k.

Best intro I've seen for long => Check.
    Cool project, almost meeting SMART criteria => Check.
    About a smart (not the acronym, this time) concept => Check.

I'm amongst players who were frightened by hardcore RTS designed for cephalopods.
    You had me at "cephalopods"

<3

I love your 6th update
    a brief and rapidly closing window of opportunity to secure a [...] future for all.
    Overshoot
    - Le film d'horreur ira jusqu'au paroxysme final - Last Week in Collapse

Citation Envoyé par Loddfafnir Voir le message
    I love your 6th update
    We're tempted to roll a video of a Starcraft player in some sort of cephalopod/drone suit.

Clicking and clicking away for "resources".

---------- Post added at 10h17 ---------- Previous post was at 09h35 ----------

We'd like to thank the CanardPC forumers who've contributed significantly to our project.

a breakdown of our data so far :

Y'all even beat our Facebook friends! Thank you so much

Does the soundtrack used on those videos will be included in the final version Or, you have something else ?

Citation Envoyé par MetalDestroyer Voir le message
    Does the soundtrack used on those videos will be included in the final version Or, you have something else ?
    We have a lot more tunes available.

And yes, the soundtrack from the videos are included. Some of our videos are from other artists though, and we link their soundcloud.com links on the page.

Citation Envoyé par Manu Le Troll Voir le message
    And one more backer for you guys.
    <3 Thank you for fueling the indie revolution.

Please spread our kickstarter page when you can. We need more support, and we have very few agents spread across the world.

We need the best Commanders in the gaming community

---------- Post added at 13h02 ---------- Previous post was at 12h30 ----------

One question for this community;

Do you guys know of any German, British, or any other European gamer forums? We'd like to share our message to them, and any active forums on your radar can help my crews efforts.

You can try the gog.com forums too.
    Oh and youtubers like dopefish maybe: http://www.youtube.com/user/Dopelives as well as TotalBiscuit: http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut
    Dernière modification par Emualynk ; 04/04/2012 à 22h20.

thanks for the intel.

commencing operations

/salute.

thanks for the intel.

commencing operations

/salute.
    You could also try /r/gaming on reddit.

@Emualynk
    Ouais mais non, le monsieur a dit que reddit c'était pas la joie sur la première page.
    (Et j'approuve.)

Citation Envoyé par Touze Voir le message
    @Emualynk
    Ouais mais non, le monsieur a dit que reddit c'était pas la joie sur la première page.
    (Et j'approuve.)
    Bah, ça peut toujours permettre de ramener des personnes qui traînent pas forcément sur autre chose et qui seraient intéressées quand même.
    Ça coûte rien d'essayer quoi.
    Dernière modification par Emualynk ; 04/04/2012 à 22h39.

My garden is small but my taillor is rich.

Règles de messages